Tuesday 8 April 2014

Final Draft: Music Video



After showing my peers and teachers my third draft, I received a few pointers that could improve it. this involved fixing the timing of some clips and adding a stabilisation effect. I also considered using filters in some of my video clips, but after experimenting with them, I realised none of them fit with my genre of music video, country. Country music videos are full of nature, the outdoors and vibrant colours, and using a filter would take that away. Although I did use two filters in separate parts of the video because they enhanced it. The first was 'cold steel' which I used on the first two clips of the music video which represented a dull setting, but I bring back the full colour once the fire is lit, adding a dark and mysterious tone. The other filter I used was 'glory' which I added to various sequences in the graveyard when my actress was standing in front of the sun, which created a dark silhouette. 'Glory' enhanced this footage by fixing the exposure and giving it a very supernatural tone. Finally, I added a text shot to be inserted at the beginning of the video, which featured all of the details required for the examiners when marking (my name, college, board etc). With this done, I am pleased to say that this is my final draft as both my peers and my teachers agree that it is perfect and does not need any improvement. This means I can move onto my evaluation in which I will receive audience feedback.

No comments:

Post a Comment